Thursday, November 15, 2012

In Process....Light as Breeze

It has been a month since my last post-wowzers!  It has been a month full of art making, art teaching and art events.  I think that is another way of saying its been a wonderful month.

  
One of my Creativity classes in process

I enjoyed an amazing couple of days printing at the Womens Workshop Studio in Rosendale NY.  Me and my friend and fellow artist Lindsey Brown rented the space for 2 days and printed our hearts out.  I literally was printing my heart out...and now I am in the studio working with those heart prints.  I also stumbled in to a delightful gallery in Rosendale, Roos gallery,  a contemporary art treasure box!  I will be participating in their super fun holiday show of small works.  Can't wait!
Prints in process


Corrado in Process
Mid month we had artist friends visiting from Sicily.  Corrado Iozzia came especially to work in the studio here for a self created intensive residency.  After two weeks of solid work we held a beautiful artist reception in my new studio.  Corrado and his work where wonderfully received in NY and we are looking forward to the next visit.


Last week my painting 'Unearthing to be Enough' was hung at the Woodstock Art Museum as part of the Under 40 show curated by Greg Slick.  I was so pleased to be accepted in to this juried show as I had seen a show curated by Greg Slick at the Dorsky Museum that I just loved.  It feels great to be working with other artists and curators whom you admire.

A highlight among many was discovering the unexpected article 'Light as Breeze' written by Paul Smart for the Woodstock Times last week!  Oh my gosh, I am so flattered!  I love how he wrote so candidly of me and my practice.  There is a long quote from this blog, jeez keeping me on my toes now that I see how "public" my blog is!  I actually don't have many words to describe my joy?  I think the best word is GRATITUDE.

Alas, the coming months seem to be plumping up with activity.  I have quite a few studio visits scheduled, I'm working on curating a show, more Creativity & Courage Workshops.....we shall see....

No comments: