Monday, July 23, 2012

Whole: Handmade Artist Book, Bound and Mono Printed






 I am so happy I made this little book today!  I remembered many old skills: Mono printing, ripping paper & sewing a binding.  I decided to try my hand at these old techniques in preparation for my next creativity workshop.  I have been continuously inspired and led to materials and concepts in the process of teaching.  I think thinking in terms of teaching is an other form of sharpening ones own knowledge, because you must share your insight...and the word insight includes "in" implying inward sight...but teaching is changing that to an outward expression with an aim to inspire insight in others, this process of turning something inside out helps heighten the original understanding and perhaps deepen it still with new insight!


No comments: