Tuesday, February 07, 2012

If I feel love thats all I need to know

Last week I began painting, photographing and being with my neighboring environment, it feels like falling in love.  While I was working I kept hearing the inner dialogue of "What are you making?...What's it supposed to be/look like?...What is this art?  Is the painting the art, is the action the art, does it matter?"  I arrived in the same place as I did in Iceland, that the experience of "being" is the art.  The process or participation with creation, inspiration and the environment is what is the art.  When I paint with the environment the painting is the product or documentation of an experience.  I believe art is primarily sensual and nature is too, intellect secondary.....so, perhaps feelings trump thoughts and if I feel love that's all I need to know.

  
The wonderfully scary spider that jumped out of the dirt in the painting

 
 
    
"a sense sublime of something far more deeply interfused, whose dwelling is the light of setting suns" -Wordsworth

No comments: