Friday, May 12, 2017

Ode to Mother Matters


Ode to Mother Matters


I love you mother me
a mother to one son
and a dead born baby
I love you mother of me
now a grandmother
and mother whose daughter died one day
I love you mother of three
billions of lives before me
I love you mothers of mad-men
mothers of good baby boys
and baby girls who cry for mother’s milk
I love you mothers who tried
for babies that died
the mothers that others don’t see as mothers
I love you mothers who wanted to be moms
but something wasn’t quite right
and you never had that delight
I love you mothers who didn’t want your babies
and gave them back to god and to other mothers
waiting stand by
I love you mothers who put your eggs in her belly
or put her eggs in your belly
I love you mothers that decided you would never have a child
because taking care of you was all a mother could do
I love you bad mothers, mean mothers, and bum mothers too
sometimes it sucks, that feeling I know
being you
I love you all mothers
you matter to me


©Dawn Breeze 2017

No comments: