Friday, February 08, 2013

Thought Art & Everything is Everything

www.dawnbreeze.com

www.dawnbreeze.com

www.dawnbreeze.com

 New Untitled (Everything is Everything) fabric paintings on wood each 33" x 32"

I think I may have used this title before, "Everything is Everything" but that is what I am continuously thinking about.  I have been thinking a lot about no separation in life, a constant continuum of oneness of all.  A constant transformation of energy forms without ending.  The most interesting concept when I consider this is if everything is one entity(of life, of energy, of god) then what are our thoughts?  They would have to be patterns of energy relating to all the other patterns of energy, like a continues flow of cause and affect and that really we have no "choices".   For example we don't "choose" to go to the grocery store at 3pm, we naturally do that and have that thought as a result of our physical composite of energy in relationship to all the energy patterns around us.  This is a very liberating concept because it completely eliminates any fear, sense of responsibility or moral judgement.  We are just as we are supposed to be all of the time and there are no mistakes.  We follow our nature.  Of course this thinking becomes complicated because of the language that I grew up understanding life with.  It is hard to think of concepts that can't really be explained in our language.  My language is dualistic and built on a life and death theory and the individual.  Honestly, I wonder why we have not all begun to think and live like this?  Science continues to show us that we are fluid energy with nano's passing through us and the galaxy at all times, when we die we know our bodies turn to dirt, to air, memories become thoughts and thoughts become energy forms and we continue to create new things from these ideas....God is in everything because everything is a form of energy.  I am no longer afraid of "what we are doing to this earth" or "illness" there is a pattern of energy that is simply changing things, changing life as we know it.

I think this can be seen in affect by observing moments of synchronicity or those seemingly strange moments of "knowing something is about to happen" and it does, for example when you think of someone and the phone rings...but really this is the big picture too.  Back to the grocery store example;  today I decided to go to the grocery store up the street from my house,  to visit the kitties with my son.  While I was there a girl asked if they sold coffee grinders, which they did not.  I heard her.  I also had just yesterday decided to give away my coffee grinder that a friend had once decided to give me.  I offered her my coffee grinder.  She accepted and mentioned "Synchronicity".   Everything is always happening to support our nature and our destiny we only need to accept life as beyond our control and live freely following our natural instinct.  My nature is all I can be and do without regret.

It is hard to follow this conversation with anything else relating to my work because it seems to funny to think of achievements, calenders, schedules, etc.  Oh, the structures of thinking we have created that perhaps help us communicate but I think probably cause more turmoil then is necessary.  

I return over and over to this quote and it continues to affect me in different ways:

“We must learn to reawaken and keep ourselves awake, not by mechanical aids, but by an infinite expectation of the dawn…It is something to be able to paint a particular picture, or to carve a statue, and so to make a few objects beautiful, but it is far more glorious to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look, which morally we can do. To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of the arts.” Henry David Thoreau Walden, (pg. 134)

 I think this is only his perception of reality and so it is futile to judge others or try to express the "truth" from one perspective of what is right or wrong, however I am taken with the line: to carve and paint the very atmosphere and medium through which we look, I think this is how I might define THOUGHT ART. 

Thought art would not be conceptual art-although perhaps even this idea is conceptual art?  But Thought art would not need any form to learn about it or see it or buy it...it would just be felt as one feels an atmosphere.  I practice Thought Art.

Currently I would define myself as an artist;  Dawn Breeze, a radiant cluster of energy, working primarily with love as my medium.  I think you are a part of me and a part of everything I create, we will never die and I love you.  This feels really good, a good thought.  THOUGHT ART!

www.dawnbreeze.com



No comments: