Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Artful Medicine for Corinna Borden

Spring Pink Flowers, Mixed Medium on Paper, 2008


A dear high school friend, Corinna Borden is currently in treatment for cancer.  Being the incredible brave soul that she is, she has asked for help and support.  I want to help her afford her treatment by turning this painting in to medicine.  I have been thinking about this for quite a while and chose this painting, Spring Pink Flowers which speaks to me of her.  She is beautiful, generous of spirit, joyful and vibrantly full of life similar to the bursting flowers of spring and early summer.   She is an avid gardener, writer, farmer, and advocate of miracles.  She laughs loudly and easily, she radiates happiness.  Her life is precious.

I believe art is inspired by the beauty of life and inspires our personal discovery of beauty in our lives.  I believe generosity is prosperity.  I believe that it is our job to follow our hearts desire.  I believe vulnerability is courage.  I believe we are of service by being authentic.  Along with all these beliefs I believe we can follow our hearts today and help one another by giving; giving our gifts, sharing goodwill, giving financially, giving our hearts, giving our time.  I also believe that should include giving all those things to ourselves too.

"Let the beauty you love be what you do"-Rumi


Your purchase of this painting will be 100% donated to Corinna.  I want you to buy this painting because you love it and want to open this gift amount to what you can afford and feel moved to give, I will accept the first donation over $200 the painting normally sells for $650 unframed.  It is double matted with white gallery 4ply mat and shrink wrapped ready for a frame.  It is 17" x 22" matted.  If you are interested in helping Corinna without making this purchase she has set up a blog with an easy to donate widget.

May we all have a beautiful day!

No comments: