Friday, October 07, 2011

Running Still


Running Still, 2011
Reflection of the moment between the past and present, the moment that one changes their direction and runs back into themselves.

I am really excited to be premiering my short film this coming Sunday at the Spotty Dog's Film Festival, in Hudson NY.  I was able to create this short film(6.5 minutes) because of an awesome collaboration.  I was so fortunate to be able to work with really talented artists.  Claudia Frank directed and edited, Katie Greaves was the Director of Photography and Alexander Turnquist provided his amazing music.  I am so grateful for their support and enthusiasm towards this small and beautiful project.   If you cannot come to the film festival this weekend I will be posting the movie on my website next week.
Other news is I am here, running still!  But I am home and have been enjoying coming back in to this reality, here in NY.  Last week I sent out a letter of gratitude to all the many people who helped me financially make it to Iceland.  I am publishing it here today, because I want to thank all of you! Acts of kindness and encouragement are infinite and it is with that form of generosity as well as the financial that made my dream of Iceland a reality.
This letter is for all of you!

Dearest Friends and Family,

I have been home from Iceland a month tomorrow.  It is remarkable how fast the time has flown from the point of departure until now.  My experience in Iceland far superseded all expectations immediately!  It was nothing short of life changing-mind altering inspiration.  The gift of my time at BAER Art Center was the biggest gift of my lifetime and I am not exaggerating.  I knew it would be phenomenal, that I would have fun and make new artwork but I didn’t know I would discover the gift of self-confidence that I found there.  I discovered a new confidence to truly express and be my authentic self and alongside that discovery I created some of the very best artwork of my life. I left Iceland with a feeling of self-worth as an artist and a person that I have never known before.  I thank you with all my heart for this gift.

I have created a new updated website since my return from Iceland.  I included much of my work from Iceland on the website.  The work from Iceland can be found in "Portfolio" and " Recent Work".  My website address is  www.dawnbreeze.com I am planning on having an ‘Open Studio’ by appointment later in October and the beginning of November to share my work and story one on one.  Please contact me if you would like to make an appointment for a studio visit.  Also, I have a solo show scheduled in April at Gallery 135 in Hudson, NY to exhibit work from Iceland and I am actively looking for a  NYC Gallery to show the work as well.  Lastly, if you have not already viewed the blog that I created while in Iceland, sharing my work and process, you may still view it at www.eylenda.blogspot.com

I thank you, thank you, thank you for your generous and loving support with all my heart!

xxDawn

PS. Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any reason, I would be happy to answer any questions or have a further conversation with you about my recent experience in Iceland.

No comments: