Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Breath

Breath is a small visual journal of my daily meditations in Iceland this past Summer. When I was at the BAER Artist residency I devised a series of daily rituals that enabled me to move through my intense fears and insecurities. Breath was one of these. Breath is a small journal that I kept, each page has one daily watercolor and one word or sentence that seemed to me the essence of my focus for that particular day. It was the last meditation before I left my chamber and entered the outside world, venturing off into my art making. Although this book can be considered art, I consider it more my art underpinnings, the intimate hygiene I needed in order to breathe and create.

This book will be included in a unique exhibition, the weekend of November 5th.
The show will be installed in Light Work's Robert B. Menschel Photography Gallery, located in the Schine Student Center of Syracuse University. The Schine Student Center is the location of the SPE Conference's portfolio reviews and we will be sharing the Menschel Gallery with the exhibition "En Foco / In Focus: Selections From The Permanent Collection". This exhibition has been put together by photographer and curator; Carlos Loret de Mola
The opening for the event is November 5th from 1:30-3:30 The regular hours will be those of the Museum.
It is my pleasure to share this humble and precious little book with you, it is for sale here and will be on my website as well. The price of the book is $25 including shipping and taxes. The book is a small softcover book with a total of 16 illustrated meditations. I am taking orders now and will be able to ship by the second week of November. You can use paypal here and include the qty. and your shipping address.








No comments: