Monday, October 05, 2009

Upcoming Events & News

Preparing to assemble Free Now, a new sculpture installation in the Bird Girl Project.
Will be assembled to full scale (aprox 20' x 30') next weekend!


T h e B I G n e w s i s :
I am incredibly honored, encouraged and inspired to be the recipient of the Linda Arnoud Individual Artist Grant!!! I was awarded this grant on the merit of my work and to further develop of my artistic practice. The monies awarded will be used this year towards new work in the Bird Girl Project.
The other BIG news is
: There are many art happenings upcoming and right now that I am in! ArtsWalk 2009 Oct. 9-18th
Windows on Warren:
Artist Gretchen Kelly Curated Windows on the 400 block of Warren st. In Hudson NY. New paintings of mine are hanging in Mix at 438 warren. One of my VERY favorite stores in Hudson, selling the most discerning contemporary furnishings and art! Take Me To The River: Juried Art Show celebrating the Hudson River, hanging at the CCCA gallery at 209 Warren st.
Oct 10th
Artist Studios and Salons:
I will be hosting a salon featuring recent paintings, as well as work by my husband Gianni Iacono at our house in Hudson, NY. The address is 10 south 7st. Hudson NY 12534. We will be open to the public from 12-4pm. I welcome the opportunity to introduce my work personally. All works will be available to purchase.
Free Now: A Sculpture Installation from my ongoing Bird Girl Project, will be assembled for its first public viewing this weekend (this weekend only at this location)! Free Now, will be at a large farm at #1300 rt. 8, ( between rt. 9g & rt. 9-close to the intersection of rt.9 in Germantown, NY). I am VERY excited to present this piece publicly, and will update this posting with photographs and a work statement once the piece is live. I aim to assemble it this Friday, weather permitting.

10/16
Film Festival:I will be showing my new film, Walking from the Bird Girl Project at the Spotty Dog I will be available for Q&A . The Spotty Dog is at 440 Warren st. Hudson NY.

Ongoing:
Carrie Haddad Gallery, at 622 Warren st. in Hudson, NY always has work available to be seen and purchased.

No comments: