Monday, May 07, 2007

What Remains...


What Remains...sooooooo much!

This opportunity has been really great already for so many reasons. Primarily to recognize what is most important to me, the fact that I can still paint! Truly as an artist what I value most is painting, is process, this was not destroyed in the fire, in fact it was stoked by the fire! My willingness, my inspiration, my physical well being are all still here, and are super-charged with adrenaline now!
Tragedies and disasters always come with huge opportunity's of greatness, its a matter of perspective and choice. I'm choosing to learn as much as I can from this and soak in all the goodness.

The following are some of the positive results:

1. Recognizing what I value.
This is helping me to see my time and make adjustments so I can paint as much as I possibly can ( my two gallery shows are still on!!!!!), which is shifting the way I will use my time from here on out.

2. Having the opportunity to paint with intention.
All the paintings in the fire were a group of works that emerged over the course of this year, all which have been small studies for the new paintings I'm doing now. Now, today, I know what I want to paint, and I have a clue as to how to arrive there, because of all the tools and experiments I've been doing all year. I know how to set up my canvas, what materials I'll need, etc. This is really cool!!!!

3. Feeling loved and Supported.
Its been amazing to receive so much support from friends, family and my art followers!!!! Its really amazing to be reminded that we're not alone in our success and mishaps, and I've never had so many people tell me how much they care about me, WOW!!! Thank you all soooooooo much, and you know all that love is right back at you!!!! I encourage us all to regularly remind each other of our love and support, because it really feels good, and inspiring.

I'm sure there is still more to come, and I will keep you all posted. Thank you so much for caring!!!!!!


PS. This photo is from my studio, and its on my website in the " about me" section, and its literally what still physically remains from that website.
www.dawnbreezepaintings.com

No comments: