Thursday, March 15, 2007

Purple landscapes...




Purple Trees
10" x 10"
Acrylic on Canvas

Purple Flower Field
21" x 19"
Mixed Medium on Wood

Sky and Land
26" x 20"
Oil on Wood

"Here are a few portfolio & exploration paintings I did this week.

The first one was an inspiration from the first thing I saw driving this morning...Three stripes of wet color, violet-gray, dark purple, and then gold...
The second painting inspired from an image I saw of spring flowers, and I am desperate for some of those in the real!
And the last painting is completely made up, I was just thinking of stripes of color meeting the sky, and you all know how much I love the clouds..probably my favorite thing to watch. But whats interesting is seeing them all together, because I am obviously having an affair with purple..a new color companion.
I actually completed them in the opposite order, then I posted them."

No comments: