Monday, November 08, 2010

New projects, musings, imagery....


Stag Goddess
Collage, nail enamel 14" x 9"

I am playing with some imagery, illustrations of current thoughts and places in my mind, writing a lot too...it all feels funny to put it mildly, but this is where I am right now...


Lame Deer

Is the deer my spirit guide now?
Staring at me with his bloody mouth,
tongue lagging out, terrorized,
as everyone watches him smash
his face into the chain link fence
over and over and over again.

Can he not see the fence, or feel the pain?
Does he think it will give if he smashes harder?

Bleeding his eyes graze my soul,
and I feel his.

He didn't know where to go.

I saw him again yesterday,
leaping across my path in the meadow.






Daughter in the deep water
Collage, twine, magic marker 8" x 10"

1 comment:

Melissa Stafford said...

I want the Stag Goddess one - I love it!