Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Cure






"There's Nothing Ahead"-Rumi

"Stretch your arms and take hold the cloth of your clothes with both hands.
The cure for the pain is in the pain.
Good and bad are mixed. If you don't have both, you don't belong with us."


Today, I bandaged a broken skateboard, gilded a bone and a shoe heel, bought a bunch of helium balloons and someones wedding dress, watered my paintings, picked up 22 of the most horribly painted canvas from some unknown artist...and contemplated my next creative endeavors.
As I looked around at my current projects, and ideas...I heard myself saying:

"I bet all your blog and art followers are thinking what happened to this girl? "Where are her beautiful abstract landscape paintings? Looks like she had a head injury or something? All she does are these weird non-sensical things."

You know one of those really encouraging voices we have inside ourselves. But, then I thought about it, and there is some truth to it. The death of my beloved sister was and is an incredibly traumatic blow to my heart, and in turn my mind.
As a result my life and my art(heart) are affected.

The work I have been making lately has been alchemical in its properties. It has been more about the changing affects of perspective's...it has been about not being fully in control...it has been about seeing, living, loving, sharing, forgiving....

And as I read in this poem by Rumi today; "The cure for the pain is in the pain"

ALCHEMY- seemingly magical power or process of transmuting: "He wondered by what alchemy it was changed, so that what sickened him one hour, maddened him with hunger the next" (Marjorie K. Rawlings).

No comments: