Friday, September 07, 2007

Irish Sea


This is a larger drawing/finger painting
3ft x3ft, mixed medium on paper.
Did you know I mostly fingerpaint...I don't use brushes too often.
I saw a bunch of real Monet paintings yesterday. I am so inspired by the process of painters, their evolution. Through their dedication to their practice, a true essence emerges, that is so powerful yet delicate and fragile that it seems to take many layers of paintings and time to feel safe/bold enough to come out. That is my goal...to uncover the truest essence of my painting...so I must play, practice, paint, and follow the divine lead with every mark.
PS. Its been over a year that I have been posting, its really interesting to go back in the blog archives and see my posts from last September at this time!

No comments: